Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Attic bees

Lot's of times people call me with the phrase "I have bees in my attic" Up to now, it always turned out bees were in a double wall or behind the insulation. this time however... [CLICK ON PICTURES FOR LARGE SIZE VIEW]
A nice home in Thousand Oaks. Bees are entering underneath the eave
closeup
entrance to attic
furnace in attic
There i a lot of glass wool up here
the way to move is crawl though these wooden structures
You can only stand on the wooden rafters. If I would put my weight on the drywall, I would poke a hole in the ceiling
That is the corner i need to go to
almost there
The colony and the comb
Meanwhile, outside the bees were piling up. Before I went in, i clogged up the entrance. Unfortunately the angle of the outside roof is 45 degrees, the lower roof id probably at 15 degrees. leaving 30 degrees angle for me to crawl in. No matter how I tried, i couldn't get to the edge where the comb is to get it out. I have to rethink my strategy and do it another way. Preferably on a day with less heat...

No comments:

Post a Comment